Solar energy is the cleanest, greenest and most reliable source of renewable energy generated electricity available to help power your home and business.
Solar energy has changed the lives of millions of Australian’s across the country, helping them save money, cut pollution and add value to their homes.
Solar-powered photovoltaic (PV) panels convert the sun’s rays into electricity by exciting electrons in silicon cells using the photons of light from the sun. This electricity can then be used to supply renewable energy to your home or business. Solar power is very simple. Solar modules (panels) on your roof convert sunlight in DC electricity. A solar inverter then converts the DC electricity into 240V AC electricity for home use. Devices in your house will utilise the AC from the solar power system first and draw electricity from the grid if you need more. If you are producing excessive power, this is returned to the grid. And you would receive a credit from your power retailer on your electricity bill.
What is Solar System?
A solar panel converts sunlight into electricity, which can then be used to power electronic devices. Going solar can help us to reduce reliance on sources of electricity (such as coal and fossil fuels) as solar energy is free, clean, natural and has no environmental impact. Solar energy is not only sustainable; it is also renewable which means supply will never run out.
- Solar panels convert sunlight to Direct Current(DC) power
- The Inverter converts DC power in to 240 volts Alternating Current(AC) power
- Converted AC power goes through the electric switchboard, ready for household use
- The smart meter records the unused solar power sent to the grid as well as power used by household from the grid
- The surplus electricity flows back into the main grid and gets credited on to the electricity bill.